Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sweded :: Camilla Dietrich - wallpaper designer ::

Our apartment is currently a hodgepodge of 60s/70s second hand furniture, T's grandfather's paintings, haphazardly chosen and framed b&w photos and an area rug featuring various wolf images in shades of beige, brown and black. We have just inherited a really great couch/ chair combo, Swedish design circa 1965 in a vibrant teal colour from a friend's friend's dad (lucky us!). Both T and I really want to make this place look like a 'grown ups' apartment instead of a student house. Plus, it is incredibly unSwedish to have an undecorated living space (I am not even kidding). I have managed to convince T that as soon as we can afford a bit of decorating expenditures that I want to do a feature wall in the living room, and I am fixated on finding an amazing wallpaper design to suit the space.

So starting off the search for my dream wallpaper, I discovered Swedish designer, :: Camilla Dietrich :: . I love how playful and dynamic the prints are, but that she still manages to keep them simple and elegant. The glow effect in her Nature Ray Charles series is amazing, not sure it is suited for my apartment (who am I kidding, this stuff is waaay out of our price range) , but in the right spot I think it would look incredible.

Westwood series



True Blue series



Nature Ray Charles series


No comments: