Master Chef, Top Chef, the f word, etc. I have a lot of free time these days since a) I have finally finished school; b) I am in a brand new city and I know like three people here (they have jobs); c) I have no job mostly due to my inability to fluently speak the native language; d) I am exceptionally low on cash flow (see point c)... so I watch a lot of tv. My favourite shows here are cooking shows, property search shows (they fly to exotic locations and try to find a 'place in the sun' for British home buyers), Antiques Road Show and How I Met Your Mother. There is a disproportionately large amount of tv time dedicated to the cooking shows here, so I have become quite caught up in the idea of cook-offs and food challenges.
After dinner tonight (I used an awesome baked fish and veggies recipe that my mom sent me last week), T and I decided to have a dessert challenge with any ingredients we could find in the kitchen. I went for a caramelised banana with vanilla sugar and cardamom while T opted for an orange/ginger concoction with a caramel sauce.
After a taste test, T conceded that I was the winner, although I think on a Master Chef episode I would have been crucified for my presentation. Regardless... Mmm.
"Orange-Ginger-Caramel Disaster" (name given by T when asked for what he wanted his dish to be called).

"Sweet Bananarama Deliciousness" (I went for a more modest description).
No comments:
Post a Comment