My week has been filled with dropping off CVs to around 20 cafes, restaurants and bars as well as starting my full-time Swedish classes. A few factors are working against me in terms of being able to secure a job in the near future however, namely my current lack of language skills and the fact that this season is just not time for hiring. I have been promised that once spring is undeniably here (right now the temperature is sort of springy, the sun comes out sporadically, but there is still a significant amount of ice and snow covering most sidewalks) that things will get easier. Fingers crossed.
Language classes are good though. It is so strange to be asked to write a story and to produce something on par with something you may have written in the first grade. "Dad yawns a lot because he is very tired, so he drinks many cups of coffee while he reads the newspaper." Riveting! I have met a couple of cool people in class which makes the days go by quicker.
On another note, last weekend Ted and I went to a manor in the south of Sweden, a couple of hours from Göteborg. There is so much history here, it is pretty amazing to see buildings that have been standing for centuries. I took a couple of photos with my poor old camera...
1 comment:
wow, this sounds familiar! looking for jobs at millions of cafes at the 'wrong time of year!' I feel your pain... something'll come up soon though!
your comments on language class were hilarious :)
xoox
Post a Comment